Returning Students

Welcome back to SDPC! Please read over the following information to register your child before registering your child.

When do current students register?
Elementary and middle school students can meet their teachers and see their classrooms at Meet the Teacher events. High school students will register, pick up schedules, pay fees and pick up text books at registration. Parents have received emails from FinalForms to begin the registration process for their students who are already enrolled in the district.

What do students need for registration?

  • Proof of Residence
    When a student begins as a new SDPC student, kindergarten, sixth grade, and ninth grade, proof of Pickens County residence is required. Additionally, proof is also required when a student first enrolls at any new school.

Acceptable proof is a current electricity, gas, water or cable/satellite bill in the parent/guardian's name. The bill must show the service address. If a bill in the parent/guardian's name is not available, an Affidavit of Residence is required. Schools have instructions for completing an affidavit.

  • Fees
    Each student is required to pay a $25 Tech it Home Fee each school year to cover the cost of accidental damage to student-issued devices. SDPC does not charge additional instructional fees; however, each high school student will pay a class fee of $6.00. The class fee is used for activities such as homecoming, prom, senior events, and graduation expenses. Additionally, fees are necessary for some courses or optional special activities such as school pictures, yearbooks, newspapers, and some career center courses. Fees can be paid online via MySchoolBucks or via cash/check at the school.

Can I register online?
Some parts of the registration process can be completed online, but not all. 

Where will students and families find supply lists?
Supply lists will be posted on each school's website. Check there to find what supplies will be needed.

How do families apply for free and reduced meals?
Qualifying students receive free and reduced price meals under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program. This year, families can complete the required application online, allowing them to receive benefits faster if they are eligible. Families may apply anytime after July 19 by visiting our Student Nutrition Services website at

In addition, staff members will be available at Meet the Teacher and registration events to help with online applications. Families must bring the following: (1) family case number if receiving food stamps; (2) payroll check stub to provide gross income; (3) Social Security number of adult signer. Paper applications will also be available.