Athletics play an important part in the life of Pickens County's secondary schools. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully are stressed in our athletic programs. Athletics also help the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to school spirit and helps students--spectators as well as participants--develop pride in their school. In our district, the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of student-selected activities is a vital part of our students' educational experience.
Middle and high school students throughout the district can choose to participate in many sports. While not all sports are available in all schools, each school does offer a variety of athletic activities for each student to consider.
To view a particular school's athletic program, please visit the school's web site.
All student-athletes must agree to abide by the athletic code of conduct, and must submit to a physical examination before participating. Home schooled students who wish to participate in sports have to fill out an additional form. Each form is available for dowload below.
To comply with South Carolina law, the School District of Pickens County must provide the following resources and information about concussions. Parents/Guardians must return the Concussion Acknowledment form prior to the start of practice each year.
The School District of Pickens County is providing a supplemental accidental insurance policy for student-athletes through Monumental Life Insurance Company administered by Bollinger, Inc. This is an excess policy, which means you must first file your claim with your primary insurance company. After the primary company has completed the claim, you must then file with the school policy. If you do not have primary insurance then this excess policy becomes the primary policy. This excess policy is a schedule policy, which means it does not pay 100% of all charges.
- In case of accident, notify the school immediately. Secure a claim form from the school.
- The claim form must be submitted within90 daysfrom the date of accident.
- Treatment must commence within90 daysfrom the date of accident.
- Attachitemizedbills from the doctor or medical provider showing treatment, dates of treatment and charges.
- Forward the completed claim form and bills to:Bollinger Insurance, 101 JFK Parkway , Short Hills , NJ 07078 . (866) 267-0092.
- NO ADDITIONAL CLAIM FORM IS NECESSARYfor other bills related to this accident. Please note the claim number or name of student, school district and date of accident on all bills and correspondence.
- Recommendation: Keep copies of all correspondence.
- All benefits will be paid directly to the Medical Providers involved, unless paid receipts accompany the bills.
If you have any questions, call the claims department toll-free at (866) 267-0092.
Insurance coverage may be extended to provide 24-hour wrap around coverage for an annual premium of $50. Benefits are payable for expenses incurred up to 5 years after the accident, with a $500,000 medical maximum. A $5,000 per accident Extended Dental Benefit is also available at an additional cost of $10. Finally, optional $10,000 student term life insurance is available at an annual cost of $30. These additional coverages are not automatic - you must complete an application and return it to the address on the form along with a check or money order. Contact your school for detailed information about enrolling into these programs.
Resources and Links