The SDPC will strive to provide a quality 21st century education that prepares all students for success beyond the classroom.
The SDPC promotes high achievement, personal responsibility, and character development to prepare students for college, career, & citizenship opportunities.
We believe . . .
- Students are our first priority.
- Safe, engaging learning environments are necessary for student growth.
- All students must have equitable educational opportunities.
- A commitment to excellence is essential.
- Every person is unique and valuable.
- Cultural diversity promotes full development of the individual and society.
- All students can learn and contribute to society.
- The parent is a child's first teacher.
- Partnerships with families and communities are essential to student growth and success.
- Education, character, and citizenship are keys to success.
- Learning and education are life-long processes.
- Today's students are tomorrow's workforce.
- The vitality and health of our community is supported by productive schools.
- Student Achievement – Each student will be academically challenged to reach his or her individual potential growth.
- Learning Environment – Students will be provided safe, supportive environments for learning.
- Quality Personnel – Quality personnel will be recruited, developed and retained in all positions.
- Communications – Clear, frequent communications will increase stakeholders' knowledge and support.
- Resource Management – All resources will be managed effectively to provide a quality learning environment.
Achieving our vision requires planning for the future. In addition to the district's overall Strategic Plan, SDPC is also planning into the future with a five-year Financial Plan, a Capital Needs Plan, and a Technology Plan.